There are no associations or clubs that can officially govern the labradoodle breed and it is highly unlikely that labradoodles will be recognised by the UK Kennel Club in the foreseeable future. I do, however, feel it is important that breeders adhere to a set of breeding standards in order to improve the future of labradoodles in the UK.
- Our dogs are a very important part of our family and our litters will be born and raised in our family home
- We would never place dogs in guardian homes, as this carries both welfare and ethical issues
- We would never trade dogs with other breeders as our dogs are part of our family
- We would never early spay or neuter (ESN) our pups
- All potential new puppy families will be rigorously vetted and we reserve the right to refuse to let families have a pup at our discretion.
- We will always try to match the puppy with their new family, as careful selection at this stage will prevent the need for rehoming at a later date
- We always offer lifetime support
- We are not commercial breeders and therefore do not usually have more than one litter a year
- Our aim is to breed healthy, happy labradoodle puppies that have excellent temperaments.
It is important to recognise that no dog can be described as being hypoallergenic. Allergies are not necessarily due to the dog's coat and can be triggered by a wide range of allergens. These can include the saliva, skin, dander and even the dog's urine. Dander is airborne and can be inhaled, thereby causing an allergic reaction, ie itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing and wheezing. If you react to the dog's saliva or urine it is unlikely you will ever find a dog you do not have a reaction to
You may find you are not affected by a labradoodle as a small puppy, but when the coat changes in adulthood this could then cause a bad allergic reaction. Obviously this would be tragic for you and also tragic for the puppy you have grown to love as they would have to be rehomed. It is therefore important for you to meet both parent dogs when thinking of offering a home to a pup
All of our dogs are fully health tested with excellent results